Friday 24 April 2009

ITLADian filmmaking?

Well, after seven years procrastinating, The God Game series (six short digital films which I call surrealist documentaries) is finally going to be viewable online, thanks to the assistance of a member of the younger generation! All the films (and the final capstone work, Being the One: Document of a Delusion) will eventually be upload to my youtube channel, here

For a description of the God Game film project, which was actually completed back in 2002, you can visit my blog.

The premise of the film (surprise surprise) is quite ITLADian -  it actually began with a dream I had, about being in an acting class and using a megaphone to create an after-death persona, who would comment on one's life from "the other side." This instantly gave me the idea of making a movie - combining documentary format with role-playing, with psychotherapy, in which I would ask players to imagine their deaths and reconcpetualize their lives, as stories, seen from this transpersonal (Daemonic) POV.

An idea ahead of its time? Let's hope so, anyhow, because it's taken seven years for the films to get "released"! But here they are....

4 comments:

  1. Jason this is brilliant news! I promise to give your blog post a read and check these films out as soon as I get a moment. Thanks for posting this here, well done for getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Martin - nice to get an enthusiastic respopnse. It's bizarre to finally share a work after so long, having more or less given up on ever getting any response to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All about timing I guess. Better late then never has some valid meaning to it, it may get a better reception now than it would've.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jake: Why won't you put this on my blog site??? Hmmmmmmmm????

    ReplyDelete