Sunday 14 June 2009

The Gun Seller - Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Laurie...WHY ARE YOU SO MODEST!!??? You are a fucking genius. This is one of the funniest, wittiest and most enjoyable books I've read in a long time probably ever.

"I hit him because he was trying to kill me," I said "I'm like that"

I heard that Laurie didn't even want to put his name to the book and hesitantly agreed after being told that it needed a name to sell it. Mr Laurie, when will you realise your brilliance? His romantic banter between particular characters is not only perceptive but comforting to experience on the page, he really writes some outstanding dialogue. I will more than likely give this another read very soon, just because laughter is every bit as comforting as realising the intelligence of a guy who deserves every single bit of success he's enjoyed...or should I say achieved

1 comment:

  1. Great, wish I were not mad at you right now, as I could say more.

    ReplyDelete